A quick and easy shortcode to embed iframe’s that resize to the content of the remote site.
Auto iFrame shortcode is in the format of:
[auto-iframe link=xxx tag=xxx width=xxx height=xxx autosize=yes/no]
- link = the url of the source for the iFrame. REQUIRED.
- tag = a unique identifier in case you want more than one iFrame on a page. Default = auto-iframe.
- width = width of the iFrame (100% by default). Can be % or px. Default = 100%.
- height = the initial height of the iframe (100% by default). Can be % or px. Default = 100%.
- autosize = enable the auto sizing of the iFrame based on the content. The initial height of the iFrame will be set to “height” and then resized. Default = true.
- fudge = a fudge factor to apply when changing the height (integer number, no “px”). Default = 50.
- border = enable the border on the iFrame. Default = 0.
- scroll = enable the scroll bar on the iFrame. Default = no.
- query = pass the parent’s page query string to the iFrame. Default = no.
Note: Auto re-sizing of the iFrame for cross domain sites does not work, this is a security protection provided by the browser and there is no way around it.
Now supports (Shortcode UI)[https://github.com/fusioneng/Shortcake] (aka Shortcake)!
- Extract the archive file into your plugins directory in the auto-iframe folder.
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin options.
- The autosize function doesn’t work, what’s wrong?
The first thing to check is that the source of your content is in the same domain namespace as your site, using a link from another domain name will not work as it would be a cross site scripting risk. This is part of your browsers security structure and cannot be worked around.
Contributors & Developers
“Auto iFrame” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Release date: February 21, 2018
- Added: name attribute to the iframe.
- Release date: March 31, 2017
- Release date: November 11, 2016
- Added: Query support
- Release date: September 27, 2016
- Fixed: Fudge factor being ignored when autosizing the iframe.
- Release date: November 6, 2015
- Fixed: Height parameter was being ignored, thanks vantron.
- Release date: August 11, 2015
- Fixed: Make sure to check the frame element and sub-objects exist before using them later.
- Release date: May 15, 2015
- Added Shortcode UI support (see https://github.com/fusioneng/Shortcake for details)
- Release date: March 25, 2015
- Initial release.