WP Media Folders is a media management plugin that: Implement a real folder and media URL structure & Allow WP Media Folder plugin data import
This plugin is not maintained anymore as all features have been reintegrated into WP Media Folder plugin from JoomUnited.
This plugin has been created at first to extend JoomUnited’s WP Media Folder plugin with actual file structure.
They finally integrated this feature back in their core WP Media Folder plugin.
As the plugin had no other features, there is no reason to maintain it anymore.
WP Media Folders is a WordPress plugin with 2 main features:
Type a real media URL structure and the plugin will do the rest for you: create folder, sub folders, rename and move the media in the proper location. A new field is added on the media edition window that allows you to update the full path and name of all media. The old media URL will be also replaced automatically in the databases tables to avoid any broken links.
Import and synchronize media structure (folders and sub-folders) with the JoomUnited plugin, WP Media Folder.
WP Media Folder allows media management using virtual folders (custom taxonomy) in the WordPress Media Library. This plugin will create real server folders based on that.
Important notes and referral:
• This plugin does NOT require WP Media Folder plugin to create real media folder structure but provide an optional integration with it
• Make sure you run a FULL BACKUP before activating and using this plugin, its purpose is related to a very sensitive WordPress core way of working
• WP Media Folder from JoomUnited: https://www.joomunited.com/wordpress-products/wp-media-folder
WordPress installation/update is fully supported, install the plugin.
Once the plugin is installed, you can find all the configuration in the WordPress menu: Settings > WP Media Folders.
By default, you can start to update your media URL structure by editing any media.
In order to import WP Media Folder media structure, go to the WordPress menu: Settings > WP Media Folders and click on the button Move Existing Media
If you have a large amount of media it may take a while, you can follow the progression from the top bar counter.
Always make sure all the WP Media Folders tasks are finished before editing any content in your website.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Media folders” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Media folders” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- [fix] Default options not set on new install
- [enhancement] Do not update database on file upload
- [enhancement] Add an option to replace or not relative path in database
- [fix] Allow non ascii characters as filename
- [fix] Do not check for ssl for local requests
- [feature] Enhance debug log
- [fix] Elementor 401 error (due to wrong usage of heartbeat filter)
- [fix] 500 error when deleting WP Media Folder plugin folders
- [fix] Error on WP Media Folder ftp import
- [fix] Fix thumbnail generation on upload not always working
- [feature] Ability to choose replacing content in only worpdress installation tables or all database tables
- [fix] Double replacement in some cases
- [feature] Compatibility with WPML
- [fix] Do not query on attachment metas columns
- [fix] Serialized values double replacement
- [feature] WP Media Folder from Joommunited integration
- [feature] Use background process to move file and avoid timeout issues
- [feature] Auto detect table to make url replacements into
- [feature] Initial release
- [feature] Replace files path from media manager