Copy protect video with optional watermark. This plugin enables the use of copy protected videos in WordPress posts and pages. The resulting embedded Video object is supported in the ArtisBrowser.
Note: No other WordPress plugin can prevent all methods of copy on its own. The difference with Copysafe plugins is that they are a tool that enables the use of more efficient copy protection solutions that can interact at system level where copy needs to be actioned.
CopySafe Video provides the most secure protection for videos both online and offline. This plugin displays Video created for use online and when domain lock is applied, the Video file cannot be displayed from anywhere else. With Video now bound to your web site, you are free to apply DRM rules to control access to the page via your WordPress member controls. The ArtisBrowser reports the user’s unique computer signature so that you can convert WordPress into a fully fledged DRM Portal by adding a new field to your member’s table and some script to compare current ID with the one already assigned.
- Easy install (requires WordPress Classic Editor).
- Insert protected Videos into posts and pages using the [Video] media button.
- Upload and embed secure Video using WordPress native media tools.
- Detects Video plugin version for redirection and installation.
- Settings to control width and height of the browser reader area.
- Safe from PrintScreen and all screen capture software.
- Videos encrypted for Domain Lock to your website.
- Video files cannot be saved and displayed anywhere else.
- New buffering enables video to play before download completes.
- Lossless encryption increases file size by only a few bytes.
- Watermark embeds the user’s details for easy identification.
For more information visit the CopySafe Video website.
Click on the [Video] media button above a post to upload and embed CopySafe Videos in your current post or page. When inserting a protected Video object, the necessary shortcode is automatically inserted into the post editor.
You can upload new Video class documents or select from a list of already uploaded videos. After selecting a video you can then set the security options to apply to the page such as:
- Disable protection from PrintScreen and screen capture.
- Disable the option to view from computers using remote or virtual connections.
- Video width and height.
- The CopySafe Video Player is a free download and can be distributed by email, download or on disk with your protected Video documents.
- The CopySafe Video Player installer includes a secure reader and a browser plugin.
- The CopySafe Video Player is supported across all Windows computers since XP.
- Protected Videos for distribution by email, download and on disk are in .ENC format.
- Protected Videos for online viewing are in .CLASS format.
- The CopySafe Video Protector software is required to encrypt and convert Video for .ENC or .CLASS formats.
- Documents converted by an unlicensed (demo) version the Protector will have a watermark applied.
- Documents created by the “demo” version cannot be protected by DRM or Domain Lock
- CopySafe Video is the most secure video protection solution on the planet
- Licensing the software removes all limitations and watermarks
- Licensing also enables use of DRM to protect unauthorized distribution and sharing
- Licensing enables the use of “Domain Lock” on .CLASS videos
- Use of the DRM validation service provided by the ArtistScope DRM Portal for free
CopySafe Video is a sophisticated application specially designed for a wide variety of scenarios.
- The CopySafe Video Encoder is available as Windows desktop software.
- Free DRM Hosting is provided with every CopySafe Video license.
For evaluation of DRM validation, create a demo account at the CopySafe Demo website.
- CopySafe Videois supported on all Windows computers since XP by using the ArtisBrowser. Mac users can run Windows via Bootcamp or install Parallels to run Windows. If support for all devices is required, the most secure solution for all devices is the ArtistScope Site Protection Software at https://artistscope.com
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Install WordPress Classic Editor plugin.
- Upload the “wp-copysafe-video” folder and its contents to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Create a new folder at “/wp-content/uploads/copysafe-video”.
- Set write permissions on this new folder for “everyone.
- Check and modify the default settings to suit your pages.
- You can now add CopySafe Video videos using the [Video] button above the post editor.
Click to download the CopySafe Video Install Guide
If you do not have any CopySafe Video encrypted videos for testing, you can create your own by downloading the demo version of CopySafe Video Encoder software or by downloading use this test bundle which includes a sample licensed for “localhost”.
If you have problems installing, email us from the www.artistscope.com web site for a faster response than the WP forum.
Contributors & Developers
“CopySafe Video Protection” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “CopySafe Video Protection” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Security update.
- Tested for comptibility with WP 6.2.
- Tested for comptibility with WP 6.1.
- Fixed a bug with non-Artisbrowser redirection.
- Tested for comptibility with WP 6.0.
- Tested for comptibility with WP 5.9.
- New option for rotating watermark position.
- Bugfix of 2.0.
- New plugin to cater for Copysafe Video 7.0
- New buffering plays video before download completes.
- Watermark adds user’s details for easy idendification.
- Lossless encryption increases file size by only a few bytes.
- Tested for comptibility with WP 5.7.
- Tested for comptibility with WP 5.6.
- Script changes for 5.6 compatibility to fix upload buttons.
- Tested for comptibility with WP 5.4.
- Revised download page for new ArtisBrowser versions.
- Removed upload file size check.
- Improved version check for ArtisBrowser.
- Tested for comptibility with WP 5.3.
- Added minimum version check for ArtisBrowser.
- First release.