Struggling to manage your product’s knowledge base? Or are you looking to produce elegant and resourceful documentation for your WordPress plugins/themes?
No worries, weDocs got you covered!
It’s the best knowledge base and documentation plugin for WordPress. Create great-looking documentation and organize it beautifully on your website.
With weDocs, writing, and document management are now a piece of cake now. From producing a great knowledge base to restricting the selected users and managing it smartly, weDocs holds the power to provide users with an initiative interface and dashboard.
Yes, it makes the entire documentation management process easier and simpler for your users to find the information they need.
What users say about weDocs
“Really love the system for adding posts. Wish all of WP had this kind of editor. The doc features are just enough, and it’s a good starting point to develop with.”- jdh1178
“We are very happy with the plugin so far. Here, many corners and edges were thought of as extensible. That is super.” – Pixelbart
“The plugin is very easy to use. It makes creating the documentation quite easy. It also displays them with a reasonable appearance. The documentation is also very straightforward. It also does not bother you with “rate us” notifications. I highly recommend it.” – turzifer
“This documentation system is just perfect for my needs. It can be understood quickly (by the developer), it is for multiple products, and for each, I can write articles and sub-articles. All is correctly placed into the URL by Slugs. I’d just desire a bit more configuration—some visual design. But I can do this with CSS, and out-of-the-box this plugin is doing its task perfectly. I can even write articles using Elementor, and it displays fine. Also, a search box would be nice to have. Thank you!” – User ID
“In one word: amazing. This plugin does what it says. I encountered no problems and found it extremely easy to work with. I recommend this to anyone who wants to set up solid product documentation.” – User ID
Top features at a glance
Create and organize WordPress documentation effortlessly
User-friendly drag-and-drop feature to sort and organize your WordPress documents
Powerful search functionality for instant access to relevant information
Multilingual support with the Weglot plugin
Customizable themes and templates to match your branding
3-level nested documentation for better organization
SEO optimization for improved visibility
Easy permission management for internal and external knowledge bases
Assistant Widget powered by weDocs ChatGPT AI Chatbot for automated support
Floating contact form for accessible communication with users
weDocs has an intuitive and user-friendly interface to let you create and manage your knowledge base, even if you’re not tech-savvy.
Easy documentation creation and organization
Create and organize documentation with ease using the weDocs WordPress plugin. Its user-friendly drag-and-drop feature allows you to sort and organize documents without any hassle.
Powerful search option
weDocs provides powerful search functionality for instant access to relevant information. Users can easily search for the required document using the search bar on the website.
Compatible with WordPress language plugins
weDocs supports multilingual documentation using the Weglot plugin. You can create documentation in multiple languages to cater to a diverse audience. It supports almost 100+ different languages.
weDocs is optimized for search engines to ensure better visibility and reach. Users can easily find the documentation using search engines, improving the overall SERP result.
Create unlimited sections and articles
Effortlessly categorize your documentation into sections and articles, ensuring your users can swiftly locate the answers they seek.
Permission management (PRO)
weDocs provides easy permission management for internal and external knowledge bases. You can control access to your WordPress documentation and knowledge base using this feature.
Nested documentation structure (Pro)
To better organize your documents, use the three-level nested documentation structure. This feature makes it easy for users to find the information they are looking for in the documents.
Responsive design (Pro)
weDocs ensures your knowledgebase adapts flawlessly to all screen sizes, ensuring a compatible and satisfying experience across devices.
Instant search with the assistant widget (Pro)
Assist users in finding solutions promptly with our robust search feature, which promptly delivers relevant articles based on their inquiries.
Pre-built layouts and styles (Pro)
Tailor the appearance of your knowledge base to your website’s identity through customizable themes and styling options.
Floating contact form (Pro)
weDocs provides a floating contact form to provide a convenient way for users to reach out to you. Users can easily contact you via email without having to navigate away from the documentation.
An AI-assisted chatbot with ChatGPT (Pro)
weDocs AI bot understands your query and delivers answers based on your prompts. It will work as a ChatGPT for your knowledge base. Using the GPT 3.5 language model, it will fetch information from your users and information from the documentation. The bot ensures that it will learn different contexts across different websites and user queries.
== Installation ==
Download the weDocs plugin from the WordPress.org repository or the official website.
Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/docs directory, or install the plugin directly through the WordPress plugin repository.
Activate the weDocs plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
Configure the plugin settings to customize your documentation and knowledge base.
For detailed documentation and support resources, please visit the weDocs website. If you have any questions or need assistance, you can also reach out to our support team through the website.
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
What is Appsero
weDocs uses Appsero SDK to collect some telemetry data upon user’s confirmation. This helps us to troubleshoot problems faster & make product improvements.
Appsero SDK does not gather any data by default. The SDK only starts gathering basic telemetry data when a user allows it via the admin notice. We collect the data to ensure a great user experience for all our users.
Integrating Appsero SDK DOES NOT IMMEDIATELY start gathering data, without confirmation from users in any case.
Learn more about how Appsero collects and uses this data.
- How can I create new documentation? =
Creating new documentation in weDocs is quite simple. Just navigate to the ‘Docs’ menu in your WordPress dashboard and click on ‘Add New’. Then give a title and that’s all. You have successfully created new documentation in weDocs.
- Can I customize the appearance of my documentation? =
Yes, weDocs provides customizable themes and templates that you can use to match the branding of your website. You can also use your templates to create a unique documentation style.
- Can I export my documentation? =
Yes, weDocs allows you to export your documentation. You can export your documentation in various formats such as PDF or HTML for offline access or backup purposes.
- How can I enable user feedback and comments on my documentation? =
With weDocs, you can enable user feedback and comments on your documentation. Simply activate the comments feature in WordPress and users will be able to leave comments and provide feedback on your documentation pages.
- Can I customize the URL structure of my documentation pages? =
Yes, weDocs allows you to customize the URL structure of your documentation pages. You can set up custom permalinks and choose a URL structure that suits your requirements, making it easier for users to navigate through your documentation.
This may have bugs and lack of many features. If you want to contribute on this project, you are more than welcome. Please fork the repository from Github.
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
Contributors & Developers
“weDocs – Knowledgebase and Documentation Plugin for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“weDocs – Knowledgebase and Documentation Plugin for WordPress” has been translated into 12 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
v2.0.2 (6 November, 2023)
- Enhance: Add weDocs app build stuffs in Appsero
v2.0.1 (6 November, 2023)
- Fix: weDocs app build stuffs in Appsero
v2.0.0 (6 November, 2023)
- New: New UI/UX with new features. Introduction of weDocs Pro
v1.7.8 (19th September, 2023)
- Improved: Add weDocs beta info notice.
v1.7.3 (13th September, 2023)
- Improved: Upgrade appsero version 1.2.4 from 1.1.11.
v1.7.2 (13th September, 2023)
- Improved: Upgrade wp org stable tag 6.3.1 from 6.0.
v1.7.1 (15th November, 2021)
- Fix: Upgraded to SweetAlert2 version 11.1.10
- Fix: Links in the heading (h1, h2, h3) are now hidden on printing mode
v1.7 (3rd September, 2021)
- New: Added Astra theme support. Single docs pages were narrow in width before, now it’ll be full page width.
v1.6.3 (28th July, 2021)
- Enhancement: WordPress 5.8 compatibility.
- Enhancement: Few modal texts were not translated properly, that is fixed now.
v1.6.2 (2nd Sep, 2020)
- Fix: Fix REST API permission callback issue in WP 5.5.
v1.6.1 (5th June, 2020)
- New: Load CSS and JS files only for Docs. Fixes #104
- Fix: Added missing textdomains. Fixes #105
- Fix: Fix search API. Was breaking due to namespace issue with WP_Query. Fixes #108
v1.6 (8 April, 2020)
- New: Added expanding functionality for nested docs in the frontend. From the single doc, you’ll be able to see all documentation by clicking on the toggle icon from the sidebar.
- Refactor: The plugin has been refactored to use PHP Namespacing. Now the plugin code is more organized.
- Other: Added Appsero SDK to collect telemetry data.
v1.5 (11 July, 2019)
- New: Added REST API support
- New: Added comment support in single docs
v1.4.1 (26 August, 2018)
- Fix: Updated Vue.js version to 2.5.16 and added minified version as well.
v1.4 (25 August, 2018)
- New: Added new shortcode attribute (
items) to limit no. of items shown. #59
- New: Added a new filter
wedocs_email_feedback_tofor outgoing mail to address. #63
- New: Added theme wrapper support. Now developers will be able to put dynamic start and end divs and tags in the
- New: Show 3rd level doc in the admin UI builder.
- New: Added automatic anchor tags in docs for
h3tags. Bookmarking is now very easy! Thanks to anchorjs.
- Fix: Bug with quotes in the doc title. #66
- Improved: Flush rewrite rules after plugin activates. Fixes the long time permalink issues with 404.
- Improved: Disable page scrolling when the feedback modal is open.
v1.3.3 (8 November, 2017)
- Improved: Proper user roles/permission checking when creating and deleting a doc. Previously, everyone who could access the UI, could create and delete any doc. No user capability checking was done previously, this version fixes the issue.
v1.3.2 (15 October, 2017)
- Fix: Remove WPUF dependency on weForms upsell
- New: Show docs and taxonomy in REST API. Fixes #44
- New: List child articles if present in single doc. Fixes #34
- New: Added page-atrribute support for the Docs post type. Now you can change the doc parent from the single docs edit page.
- Improved: Upgrade Vue to 2.5.1 from 1.0.16
- Improved: Every user should see the switch to classic UI url
v1.3.1 (24 August, 2017)
- [improve] Added weForms reference
v1.3 (21 August, 2017)
- [fix] Add missing text domains and Qtranslate support on doc feedback email
- [fix] Moved final breadcrumb echo out of if parent clause and removed resultant excess delimiter. #23
- [fix] Translate the send button. #38
- [fix] Printing timeout extended to 2 seconds
- [fix] Wrong tag post_type linking in edit-tags.php in admin. #40
- [improve] Added filter on wedocs post type
- [new] Added Spanish language (#37)
- [new] Added docs page settings, removed post archive. Added settings “Docs Home” to use it in breadcrumb as Docs home. Created the docs page on activation if not exits.
- [new] Added filter
wedocs_breadcrumbs_htmlto customize breadcrumb HTML
- [new] Added
wedocs_get_publish_cap()function for dynamic role binding on admin menu, pending post status support. #42
v1.2.1 (1 November, 2016)
- [fix] Auto print dialog missed
v1.2 (1 November, 2016)
- [new] Added print option
- [new] Contact modal
- [new] Responsiveness
- [new] Microdata implementation (schema.org)
- [new] Last updated date
- [new] Settings page
v1.1 (24 October, 2016)
- SKIPPED VERSION due to release mistake
v1.0 (24 October, 2016)
- [new] Added Persian language
- [new] Add french translation, responsiveness and QtranslateX full support
- [fix] Attach $event object to addArticle method
- [fix] Typo in the key name (causes a PHP notice on line 111
v0.1 (2 march, 2016)
- Initial release