SyntaxHighlighter Evolved PHP5 is a plugin for self-hosted WordPress that adds support to Alex Mills’ (Viper007) SyntaxHighlighter Evolved plugin for the PHP5 language .
It provides a brush designed to work with the SyntaxHighlighter Evolved WordPress plugin . To be able to use this plugin, you will need the SyntaxHighlighter Evolved plugin installed.
it includes many improvements over the bundled PHP plugin
- PHP opening and closing tags are captured
- Variables within double-quoted strings are captured
- Numerical values are captured
- a large superset of PHP’s function names are recognized
- Custom function names are captured
this plugin does not interfere with the standard bundled version of the PHP hightligher; both versions can be used together, as shown here :live demo
this plugin follows the programming conventions outlined by Alex Mills (Viper007) for extending his plugin: Adding A New Brush (Language)
this plugin is based on similar work by apollox2: Scott Selikoff SyntaxHighlighter Evolved AppleScript
In order to use SyntaxHighlighter Evolved PHP5, you must first install SyntaxHighlighter Evolved.
Extract all files from the ZIP file, making sure to keep the file/folder structure intact, and then upload it to /wp-content/plugins/.
Go to the admin area of your WordPress install and click on the “Plugins” menu. Click on “Activate” for the “SyntaxHighlighter Evolved: PHP5” plugin.
Just wrap your code in
your code here
wrap your code in
[php5], such as
[php5] code here
The shortcodes accept a wide variety of parameters. For details, see the bottom of the SyntaxHighlighter Evolved’s settings page.
- The code is just being displayed raw. It isn’t being converted into a code box or anything. What’s wrong?
Make sure your theme’s
<?php wp_footer(); ?>somewhere inside of it, otherwise the plugin won’t be able to do it’s thing.
INFO: When you find a that a keyword or a other special word of PHP5 is not highlighted. Please write entry into the forum of this plugin. -> Support Forum
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“SyntaxHighlighter Evolved PHP5” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “SyntaxHighlighter Evolved PHP5” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Peer review and quality assurance; first version to be officially published
- Updated php5 brush stylesheet and script to version 3.0.83, as provided by David Chambers.
- Added support for accessing plugin via [php5].
- Bug fixes.
- Initial release