This plugin works with and depends upon the Shopp e-commerce plugin for WordPress. It is designed to integrate with the 1.2.x branch of Shopp and has been successfully tested with Shopp 1.2.1.
Enough of that, what does it do?
- Shopp already ships with a widget that can be used to display product categories. This is an alternative to that widget.
- Select only those categories that you wish to include, ignore the rest.
- Easy to use: simply check the boxes for the relevant categories, choose the display mode (dropdown, regular list etc) and you’re done.
- A convenient way to build category-based store menus in the sidebar!
This plugin was written by Barry Hughes and can be supported by buying the author a beer.
As with most WordPress plugins you should quite simply upload to the plugin directory, unzip and activate! That said, bear in mind the following points:
- You must have at least version 1.2 of Shopp installed and activated for this plugin to work
- It has been successfully tested on Shopp 1.2.1 and no significant issues are expected as of the Shopp 1.2.2 release
- Can I use CSS to style the currently active menu item?
Not yet, this will be added in a future version.
- Does it work with Shopp 1.1.9 or earlier?
No it does not.
- Can it display the list of categories as a dropdown menu?
Of course! It can be a regular unordered list or a dropdown (select element) and in either case it can render in either hierarchical or flat mode.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Shopp Custom Categories Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Shopp Custom Categories Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Completely refactored for Shopp 1.2.x
- Improved rendering of hierarchies including a strategy to deal with orphaned sub-categories
- Corrected the plugin’s meta description