WordPress doesn’t have a native way to control the order of taxonomy terms. CGD Arrange Terms allows you to sort your categories, tags, and other taxonomy terms with a simple drag-and-drop interface. Re-ordering your terms has never been easier!
- Adds a separate sorting table, so no modification of WordPress native tables required
- Low-level sorting means FAST performance and compatibility with themes and plugins without modification!
- Drag-and-drop interface makes sorting ridiculously easy.
- Light-weight. In fact, the main plugin file is only 150 lines!
If you need support, go to http://cgd.io/contact.
- Fix bug with WordPress 4.6. Maintains compatiblity with pre-4.6.
- Fix a couple of warnings.
- Fix critical bug with new installs that prevents re-ordering terms that have not previously been ordered in older plugin versions.
- Fixed accidental shorthand PHP open tag which breaks the admin page in some environments.
- Complete rewrote plugin and renamed to CGD Arrange Terms.
- Added support for all taxonomies and terms.
- Still works with Shopp 1.2.x and 1.3.x!
- Removed Shopp shipping and payment gateway sorting, as this is really a pretty bad idea.
- No longer modifies wp_terms table (and undoes past modification) (WARNING: This could cause problems if you were running Shopp Arrange / Category Order and Taxonomy Terms Order simultaneously, as these two plugins used the same column name and technique)
- Switched required capability for category ordering to allow Merchant role to arrange categories.
- Fixed issue where empty categories cannot be arranged.
- Minor cleanup.
- Thanks to Peter Wooster for suggesting these enhancements.
- Rewrote Shipping sort code to actually, you know, work.
- When using shipping option order override, now defaults to new first shipping option.
- Added additional check to prevent settings page injection from happening where it isn’t welcome.
- Initial release.
- Upload the directory “shopp-arrange” to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- My terms aren’t displaying in the order I chose, what gives?
CGD Arrange Terms sorts categories and other terms by using low level filters on the get_terms() function in WordPress. If something is bypassing this function (probably an indication of a problem), the terms will not be sorted as expected.
- Can I turn off the custom term order?
Yes, just uncheck the taxonomy under Arrange Terms -> Settings.
- Can feature x be added?
Maybe! Contact me: http://cgd.io/contact
Contributors & Developers
“CGD Arrange Terms” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “CGD Arrange Terms” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.