Introducing KBucket – the ultimate solution for WordPress content curation. Our robust, plug&play content library plugin makes it easy to display and share curated content from your website.
In today’s world of AI, the human touch can often feel like it’s being left behind.
That’s why we at Optimal Access believe that a truly curated hub is one that is editorialized and organized by humans.
While AI is undoubtedly a powerful tool for content discovery and summary generation, we understand that it cannot replicate the intentions and insights of a human curator.
That’s why with KBucket, we’ve created a plugin that puts the power of curation back in your hands.
No matter where you find your content, whether it’s from social media channels, search results, discovery tools or trade publications, you are already using the power of AI by those platforms to find content.
As a human editor, your job is to select what resonates with you, which will distinguish you from others.
Our idea for our curation tools is to make sure your unique perspective and editorial voice are being heard.
But KBucket isn’t just a plugin for publishing and managing a resource hub.
We’ve taken it a step further by providing you with the ability to embed your curated content as a carousel, slider, or grid anywhere on your website.
With KBucket, you can bring your curated content to life and showcase it in a way that engages your audience.
What’s more, managing your curated content is a breeze with our Kurator app.
You and your team can collaborate effortlessly, allowing multiple people to contribute to your resource hub’s content.
And once you’ve connected Kurator to KBucket, managing your content is a cinch. You’ll never have to log into your website to update your KBucket content, as everything is managed directly from the browser.
WHO IS KBUCKET FOR…
KBucket is the ultimate content curation solution for anyone looking to provide their audience with valuable and informative resources.
Whether you’re a
- marketer looking to fill content gaps with curated content,
- an educator seeking to provide resources for your students,
- a journalist aiming to curate and publish your research,
- or a political entity hoping to educate and comment on news and policy,
KBucket is the ideal plugin for you.
Take a look to see how it all works.
- Retirement Program Services Plansponsor Consultants is an elite retirement planning consultancy. Being a trusted advisor for their clients and prospects, they provide a trusted resource of third party content that they have assessed.
*Immigration Attorney John Manley is a US Immigration attorney who uses KBucket to curate and automates the sharing of immigration-related news on multiple social channels using KBucket.
- Toastmaster Club Silicon Speech is a Toastmasters group that uses KBucket to curate and distribute Toastmaster-related material for its members and the public at large.
Steps to activate the plugin.
- Activate the Plugin from your WordPress Dashboard, KBucket Plugin page (You will see KBucket in the sidebar)
- Register the Plugin by going to our registration page
- Get your API key from your new profile page (The free version lets you display 10 articles per channel)
- Enter your API key under the settings tab in your WordPress KBucket page
- If you are using a Page Builder product, you need to use short codes to display the content
- Go the the “Settings Tab” and choose “use short code” option
- Go to the KBucket page (this page is labeled under your pages list) and create a row with two columns and copy the short codes into each section
- Add the Kbucket page to your desired menu and change the name and url of the page as you wish
- If you are not using short codes, go to the Appearance Widgets menu and add the KBucket tags to the “KBucket Sidebar”
- Download Kurator from the Kurator product page
- Visit our forum if you have any questions forums.
- To learn how to create and export your curated research see this post in the Kurator forum.
- To upload your curated page go to the ‘upload KBucket’ tab in your plugin and upload the file.
What are the limitations with the Free Version
The Free version lets you post 100 articles per channel and create as many channels as you wish.
How do I curate Articles
In order to curate articles you need our Kurator extension for Chrome. You can find the link to Kurator under the installation tab, or you can search for the name in chrome web-store.
Contributors & Developers
“KBucket: Your Curated Content in WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “KBucket: Your Curated Content in WordPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
First official public release
Fixed minor theme related bugs
Fixed minor theme related bugs
Fixed issues with “Set Social” on the backend
Added Twitter handle for sharing
Added Twitter handle for sharing
Fixed upload bugs
Fixed category tag issues
Fixed memory upload issues
Fixed issues with social image share
Fixed issues with Style formatting
Fixed issues with Java Script – conflicts with newer versions
Made KBucket page micro tags visible to the search engine
Added short code capabilities to make it compatible for more themes
Changed how images are uploaded. Once an image is loaded from the server, it will stay, till changed by the server.
Solved issues with mobile display
Changed the URL structure to SEO friendly URLs.
Added a new template with the channels appearing in the side-bar
Added CSS tab for modifying look and feel of the KBucket page
Fixed issues with image upload
Updated Mobile display of posts. Now you see the whole description while in Mobile viewing. This helps with our Botcopy integration.
Updated the version to work with the new WordPress database, enhanced the RSS feeds and added more fields for our Chatbot CMS solution and changed how the cards display content.
Updated the tag and image edit features. Also made the plugin compatible with PHP 8.0
Added a new theme for the KBucket page.
Added the ability to edit and replace images directly on the page
Updated the payment gateway
Ability to add description for each channel
Fixed issue with camera icon
Fixed minor issues and crated a link back to our website
Added a sync feature to sync Kurator files with KBucket
Fixed bugs with the sync feature
Fixed issues with Sync, improved the uploading process to only update what has changed. Much faster sync process.
Fixed an issue with a log file that needed to be deactivated. It was slowing down access to plugin on the back end.
Added styles option for customizing the look & feel of the content tags and post items. Updates to image upload and sync feature.
Fixed a compatibility bug with WordPress version 6.1.1
Added widgets to embed content from KBucket via shortcode anywhere on your website.
Added a Slider widget via shortcode