JPEGcrypto safeguards JPEG images on your web site from ‘copyright violation’. This plugin is discontinued.
* No effect to seo indexing by search engines
* Compatible with both pc & mobile with all major browsers
* Stability by client-side-processing & clean uninstall-ability
* Disabled saving an image by long-press (Mobile)
* Disabled saving an image by both right-click & drag-n-drop (PC)
* Guarded images remain link-able (PC, Mobile)
* Text selectable & copi-able for viewer convenience (PC, Mobile)
* Screenshot jamming by watching keys & window status (PC)
* WooCommerce product images guarded (PC, Mobile)
* Automatic guard deactivation for admin login (PC, Mobile)
* Protects ‘Lightboxed’ images too (PC, Mobile)
*** Lightbox ***
JPEGcrypto’s advanced feature works fine with major Lightbox scripts.
- Works best with: WP jQuery Lightbox, Responsive Lightbox & Gallery
- Works with: SwipeBox, prettyPhoto, FancyBox, Image Lightbox, Magnific Popup
- Doesn’t work with: Nivo Lightbox, TosRUs, Featherlight
FAQ and Support
We do not offer update and support for this plugin due to its discontinue.
- Install using WordPress installer, or upload whole of this plugin folder to /wp-content/plugins folder.
- Go admin panel. Find ‘JPEGcrypto’ just below ‘Media’ in the left menu.
- Activate it (please do not forget to do this).
- Please note that media guard is deactivated automatically when you are logged-in as an site administrator, so please log-out once to see JPEGcrypto is working decintly with your site.
Contributors & Developers
“JPEGcrypto” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“JPEGcrypto” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “JPEGcrypto” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- last update due to discontinue
- version alignment
- Minor code update for preventing translation file from being copied to WP system folder unproperly
- Updated to work fine with major Lightbox scripts
- Performance of server-side scripts improved
- Error handling in encryption process improved
- Has been complied to WordPress 5.1 Betty
- Image encryptipn tool has been integrated with WordPress editor and Media Gallery
- Insertion of ‘protect_image’ is not mandetory any more
- Attributes of encrypted images are displayed
- Added another tool for easy snippet share
- Allocated independent Mime-Type to encrypted image in WordPress
- Security optimization
- Has been complied to WordPress 5.0
- Multilingual UI (English & Japanese)
- Removed limitation with ‘expiration date’ in encrypting images (used to be 1 year at longest)
- JPEGcrypto account ID expressly displayed in encryption tool
- Service name change from ‘Eclips Media Guard’ to ‘JPEGcrypto’
- API URL change
- Professional features has been refined
- Japanese translation has been added
- Simplified setting view
- Made ‘deactivate for admin login’ optional/selectable
- Made ‘screenshot jamming’ optional/selectable
- Made ‘screenshot jamming’ speed quicker
- WooCommerce product image guard added
- Enhanced fundamental functions, Added advanced features, Optimized UIs
- First release version