You can use it as
- a widget,
- via the shortcode
- or directly in your template via
<?php echo do_shortcode('[devotionalium]'); ?>.
It offers rich configuration options for language, bible version and optional display of Devotionalium in the original biblical languages ancient hebrew and ancient greek.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/devotionaliumdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Devotionalium screen to configure the plugin
What is Devotionalium?
Devotionalium is a free service for reading daily verses from the Torah, the New Testament, and the Quran. Check out devotionalium.com for more.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Devotionalium Daily Verses for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Devotionalium Daily Verses for WordPress” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Add error handling in case Devotionalium API is not available
- Fixed issue where Devotionalium Verses were not read from cache properly
- Add setting to toggle Quran display
- Fixes and updates for new API format
- Add ability to choose an API endpoint url
- request specific days from the API instead of offsets
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prohibited the activation of the plugin
- Restored compatibility with PHP 5.6
- Fixed a problem with nested
p> tags in templates
- adjusted translation namespace, removed local translation
- Fixes for german translation.
- Switch to production api endpoint.
- Initial release.