Date Updater is the top-rated WordPress date shortcode plugin that lets you add dynamic dates, months or years anywhere on your WordPress website’s posts, pages, and widgets using simple shortcodes.
For example, if you want to display today’s or current year, just use the shortcode [year] and when you publish/update the post or page, [year] will be replaced by the current year. It’s that easy.
By default, it will show the date like this: 2023
Similarly use the shortcodes [month] and [date] to replace your content with current month and today’s date, respectively.
[year] shortcode will show the year name like this: 2023
[month] will show the month name like this: July
[date] will show current date like this: July 19, 2023
Want to see all shortcodes? Please see our official page of Date Updater on WP Blogging 101.
- Dynamic date, month, and year integration using simple WordPress shortcodes.
- Automatic updates to reflect the current year, month and date.
- Seamless integration into posts, pages, and widgets.
- Improve user experience and keep your content fresh and relevant.
- Fully compatible with WordPress SEO plugins like Rank Math and Yoast SEO.
Usage & Shortcodes List
Using Date Updater is easy! Simply insert one of our shortcodes into your post or page content, and they’ll work right out of the box. No complex setup is needed – start enjoying the benefits instantly.
- [date]: Renders today’s date in the format “July 19, 2023”.
- [p-date]: Renders the previous (yesterday) date.
- [n-date]: Renders the next (tomorrow day) date.
- [month]: Renders the current month (e.g., “July”).
- [mn]: Renders the abbreviated current month (e.g., “Jul”).
- [p-month]: Renders the previous month (e.g., “Jun”).
- [n-month]: Renders the next month (e.g., “Aug”).
- [p-mn]: Renders the abbreviated previous month.
- [n-mn]: Renders the abbreviated next month.
- [year]: Renders the current year (e.g., “2023”).
- [p-year]: Renders the previous year.
- [n-year]: Renders the next year.
- [yr]: Renders the abbreviated current year (e.g., “23”).
- [p-yr]: Renders the abbreviated previous year.
- [n-yr]: Renders the abbreviated next year.
- [blackfriday]: Renders the date of Black Friday for the current year.
- [p-blackfriday]: Renders the date of Black Friday for the previous year.
- [n-blackfriday]: Renders the date of Black Friday for the next year.
- [cybermonday]: Renders the date of Cyber Monday for the current year.
- [p-cybermonday]: Renders the date of Cyber Monday for the previous year.
- [n-cybermonday]: Renders the date of Cyber Monday for the next year.
More shortcodes coming soon…
This plugin is fully compatible with WordPress versions 6.0 and higher, as well as working smoothly across all popular WordPress themes and plugins in the industry.
Date Updater prioritizes your privacy and data security by operating as a fully native WordPress shortcode solution, without the need for any settings page or analytics tools. You can rest assured that we don’t collect or use any of your data.
No bloat, no advertisements, and no intrusive notifications – we believe in providing you with a clean and seamless experience. There are no upgrade notices to interrupt your workflow either.
Support And Feature Implementation
If our plugin empowers you to effortlessly update dates, months, and years using simple shortcodes, we’d greatly appreciate your valuable feedback in the form of a 5-star review. Your positive reviews motivate us to keep enhancing the plugin and providing you with the best possible features.
For any queries, support, or further information about this plugin, please reach out to us through the Support Forum, where our team is always ready to assist you. Thank you for being a part of our community!
Using WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New from your WordPress dashboard.
- Search for Date Updater and install it.
- Activate the plugin.
Manual Installation Guide
- Download the plugin file:
- Unzip the file.
- Upload the date-updater folder to your /wp-content/plugins directory (renaming the folder is not allowed).
- Login to your WordPress admin area and activate the plugin from the Plugins menu.
Once the plugin is activated, it will start working immediately.
What is a WordPress shortcode?
In simple terms, a WordPress shortcode is a special code enclosed in square brackets, like this: [shortcode]. It allows you to add special features or content to your WordPress website without needing to know complicated coding.
For example, if you want to show this year’s Black Friday sale date on your WordPress website, you can use a shortcode [blackfriday] (make sure our plugin Date Updater is installed and activated). When you put this shortcode on a page, the current year’s Black Friday sale date will appear there when people visit your site.
For more details, read how WordPress shortcode system work at WordPress Codex.
How do I use the shortcodes?
A: Simply insert the desired Date Updater Shortcode into your post, page, or any other content where you want to display the dynamic date information. For example, to display the current month, use the shortcode [month].
How do I add Date Updater shortcodes to my website?
To include shortcodes on your website, all you need to do is place them directly into the content of your page or post where you want them to show up. It’s as simple as that!
Can I use your plugin to display the current month?
Yes, absolutely! You can utilize the shortcode [month] provided by the plugin to dynamically display the current month. This way, your website visitors will always see the current month in the content where the shortcode is used.
How do I add the current year in WordPress? or How do I show the year in WordPress?
To add the current year in WordPress, you can use our WordPress shortcode [year] in your posts or pages. The plugin will automatically display the current year like 2023.
Can I use the plugin with different WordPress Themes?
The Date Updater plugin works with both free and premium WordPress themes, giving you the flexibility to use it with any theme you prefer. If you’re unsure about which theme to choose, you can opt for the Kadence Theme, the same one we use on our main site.
Is it safe to use this plugin?
Yes, you can safely utilize this plugin with most websites built on the WordPress.org CMS platform.
Is there any embedded advertising present in your plugin?
Can I expect more shortcodes in future?
Certainly! We have exciting plans to introduce additional useful shortcodes in the near future. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to reach out through our support forum to suggest any new featured shortcodes you’d like to see.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Date Updater – Current Month & Year Shortcodes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release
- Plugin name updated
- Readme.txt file updated
- Installation guide updated
- Added a few more question answers
- Small bugs fixed